Hi, I’m Sherice, and I am the most indecisive person in the world! Picking a travel destination is quite possibly the hardest task in the world for me. I want to go everywhere! I know I’m not the only one like this in the world either. Last year, it took maybe three plus months to decide on where I wanted to bring in the New Year in London. “I wanna see the fireworks.” “I don’t want to be cold”. “That’s so expensive”, and it went on and on and on. Guess what? This year, I’m still stuck on where to spend New Years Eve; that’s just who I am!
So, how do I do it. How does an indecisive person pick a travel destination? It takes a lot of time, back and forth and planning, but here is how I ultimately do it. Here is how I pick a travel destination.
- Make a list. There are many places in the world on my bucket list. Some rank higher on my list than others. There’s South Africa, Jamaica, Morocco, Australia, so where do I go.
- Budget. Decide on what your budget for this trip is. Your budget will largely dictate where you actually will go or what country on your list actually makes the cut. If you have one big trip a year, ball out. Go somewhere splashy. If you have more than one trip. Taper it. Do something small and low key, then something major. My major trips for the year were Greece and Brazil, then my low key spot was New Orleans.
- Vacation Time. How much time will you be allowed to take off. If you have seven vacation days, you’re not going to Africa. Luckily, I have a flexible job and I have also perfected the art of using holidays with vacation.
- Travel Visa. Are you able to secure a visa for your travel destination? This is super important! There are places that I can travel to visa free that you may not necessarily be able to travel to. Also, some visas are so much work to obtain. It all depends on how much time I have to plan.
- Time of Year. Not a fan of the snow? You’re not going to go to New York in the winter. Research the best time of year to visit your intended destination. London in the New Year was the absolute best choice for me last year. I LOVE everything about Christmas and they don’t skimp on the decorations, holiday cheer or fireworks!
- Travel Partners. Who are you going away with? Is it a solo trip? Is it a romantic getaway? Something you should always think about. I’m not going to the Maldives with my best friend, sorry Allyssa (lets go Vegas).. Who you travel with will ultimately dictate where you go.
Once you’ve picked your destination, you’re ready to go! Picking a spot takes so much pressure off of you. It’s unbelievable. Everything else is really just smooth sailing.
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!